An after the fact review from a new contributor, but anything we can post that might help others is fine with me. Thanks Feis Mom X2!
The McGrath Feis was held on March 30th, 2014 at Osbourn Park High School in Manassas, VA.
- Lots of really great competition
- Excitement in the air
- Nice medals, overly generous with the numbers given (placements up to 9th
- Centrally located, easy to get to
- Uncomfortable bleachers to sit and camp on
- One set of musicians for 6 stages….slowed things down to a snail’s pace
- Registration on opposite end of stages
- Medal Room on opposite side of results posting
- Awarding PC and OC awards in the lobby created a huge traffic jam
- First Feis — will be improved
- A Feis this big (950+) has to improve in order to keep attracting new dancers
- There are many venues in the Manassas area (Patriot HS?) that are newer and more comfortable